As yesterday’s defenders of freedom, we want to welcome today’s military service members into our ranks to become part of our elite group. Our common bond is the battlefield, whether it is service in the Persian Gulf, Korea, Kosovo, the Global War on Terrorism or peace-keeping expeditionary campaigns. Your courage and sacrifice have made a difference in preserving and defending world peace.
- US Citizen or US National
- Honorable service in a branch of the US Armed Forces
- Service in any foreign war, insurrection, or expedition, which service is recognized by the award of a campaign or service medal of the United States, or who served in Korea, or who earned Hostile Fire or Imminent Danger Pay.
- Proof of service to establish eligibility for membership rests with the applicant.
WWII-Current Campaign Medals
- Afghanistan Campaign Medal
- Air Force Combat Action Medal
- American Campaign Medal
- American Defense Service Medal (with foreign service clasp)
- Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
- Army of Occupation Medal
- Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal
- China Service Medal
- European-African-Middle-Eastern Campaign Medal
- Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
- Inherent Resolve Campaign Medal
- Iraq Campaign Medal
- Korea Defense Service Medal
- Korean Service Medal
- Kosovo Campaign Medal
- Marine Corps Expeditionary Medal
- Navy Expeditionary Medal
- Navy Occupation Service Medal
- Southwest Asia Service Medal
- Vietnam Service Medal
Badges and Ribbons
- Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with Gold Border
- Coast Guard Combat Action Ribbon
- Combat Action Badge
- Combat Action Ribbon
- Combat Infantryman Badge
- Combat Medical Badge
- SSBN Deterrent Patrol Insignia
- 30 consecutive or 60 non-consecutive days in Korea since 1953
- Received Hostile Fire or Imminent Danger Pay
Apply for Membership
To apply for membership to VFW Post 3892, please fill out the application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your DD-214 or ORB/ERB if you’re on active duty. You can also bring the documents to VFW Post 3892 and apply in person.
The membership fee is $40/annually and is due upon membership acceptance and each year on the same date.